Welcome to Gardening Information
Things You Should Know About Gardening
Gardens come in different varieties like the plants you find in them. There are several gardening tips that can be used for all type of gardens.
1.Mulching protects your garden topsoil from being blown away. It also provides nutrients as it decomposes and improves the appearance of your gardens. Mulching has other benefits and is one of the most recommended gardening tips by gardeners and farmers alike.
2.Healthy plants are more disease resistant. Plant are like people, a person with a strong immune system can combat diseases. A healthy plant does the same.
3. Pests can be eradicated by cleaning the plant with a watery solution of soap. Just make sure to rinse after. This gardening tip is best heeded for fruit bearing trees or edible plants.
4. Using compost fertilizers are a great way to have healthy plants. It is also a great way to save money on expensive fertilizers. Non -organic fertilizers also tend to leave chemical residues that can accumulate in garden soils and harm not only the plants but the gardeners as well. They cause toxins to go to the water supplies. Another gardening tip recommended not just by farmers and gardeners but also by environmentalists.
5. There are several plants that are only suitable for a specified climate, a certain kind of soil or can only grow with certain plants. You have to know what plant grow in the conditions you have in your area this is for you to avoid unnecessary purchases. This is a money saving gardening tip.
6.Landscaping is a good investment which can double the value of your home. This is one gardening tip that can earn you money.
7. Growing grass on bare ground is an easy way to make your home look better and appreciate in value. This is one gardening tip that promotes earning money while growing grass legally.
8. Aside from looking great in your home, trees also provide some sort of protection from direct sunlight exposure and strong winds.
9. Vines on the walls, fences and overhead structures also would offer some protection and would also look great.
10.Flowers are beautiful, but they are also expensive. Get one that is resistant to many elements. Flowers from your local community already have developed resistance to conditions present in your area.
11.For most gardens plants, their roots go only as deep as 6 inches. Putting fertilizer deeper than that would be a waste of money. Put them shallower as they seep down when the plants are being watered.
12.Earthworms are important to plants. They till and aerate the soil for the roots to breathe. Non-organic fertilizers can kill them. This gardening tip dates back to the old days of gardening.
13. Having several kinds of insects that are beneficial to your garden would be good. These insects can be encouraged to stay by having diverse plants in your garden.
14. Spot spraying weeds with household vinegar, instead of using commercial weed-killers, can eradicate them. This is another environment friendly gardening tip.
15. Avoid putting too much mulch on tree trunks, this would encourage unwanted pests to reside on them.
16. Use plant varieties that are common to your area or have been taken from an area with similar conditions.
17. Be sure to know the plants that are poisonous. If you are intent on growing them, make sure to have the necessary cure available in your household. Take note of this gardening tip, it can save your life.
18. The best time to water plants is during mornings.
19. Before planting a new plant in your garden, you must consider its height and size when it matures. This garden tip can help you save money in the future.
20. Newly transplanted plants may require special attention during its first week. This is to reduce the stress and shock it got during transplantation.
And last but not the least of the gardening tips...
21.Plants are living entities. If you want them to grow in your garden you have to treat them as such. They need to be taken care of. They are like your pets, you look out for them. In return you get that feeling of contentment watching them thrive.
A good way to take care of them is to consider that plants might have some feelings too.
About The Author
Subscribe to "Gardening Secrets Unearthed" 7-part e-mail course from http://GardeningSecretsAndTips.com! Discover the keys to having a garden a professional landscaper would envy.
Indoor Gardening Best products
Indoor Gardening News
As giant companies go, IKEA is among the most environmentally friendly and eco-conscious. From its award-winning flatpack refugee shelter to plans to ditch polystyrene for biodegradable mushroom-based packaging, really Sweden, you’re making us jealous.Read more
IKEA Creates Free DIY Sustainable "Indoor Garden" For Urban Living
Chicago winters are not for the faint of heart. Are you tired of snow and ready to get back to eating fresh food? Wanting to see greenery and enjoy flowers again? Believe it or not, you can grow edibles and flowers even when the thermometer is below freezing.Read more
Indoor gardening: Put a little green in your winter
As the rain roars on and our nature deficit hits a high, it’s time to dust out your empty office nooks and bring the forest indoors. Researchers wax poetic on the full-bodied benefits of crowding our living spaces with greenery; after all, plants are ...Read more
Maximize the Health of Your Indoor Garden Space
This could possibly be the most amazing indoor gardening structure we’ve ever seen, and people all over the world are being encouraged to build one. Space10, a Danish design lab supported by IKEA, has officially open-sourced The Growroom, “an artistic ...Read more
IKEA Just Released Free Instructions For A Spectacular Garden
You are trying to make the seeds think it's May with nice warm soil to grow in. Warm soil and lots of light are the two most important things you need to start your indoor seeds off right. If you just plant seeds into little pots and set them on a window ...Read more
How to Grow Your Way to Happiness and a Great Garden A Review
Enjoy the beauty of the nature, the greenery of the plants and their attractive look in your home, no matter if there is a snow outside! This seems impossible, but, if you think a little, you;ll understand that the indoor garden would be the great idea for ...Read more
Small Indoor Garden for Every Period of the Day and Every Season of the Year!
MARTINSBURG — Students at Marlowe Elementary School in Martinsburg rolled up their sleeves to create their own herb garden, whose harvest will be used in their own school cafeteria. Located in the school cafeteria, the indoor winter garden allows ...Read more
Young Planters: Students show green thumb in school herb garden
Sure, the idea of gardening indoors during the winter is appealing, but how practical is it, really? Even putting aside things like calculating the wattage of grow lights and researching the best seed varieties for indoor gardening, how do you find space?Read more
3 Space-Saving Ways To Grow Vegetables Indoors
Like the staghorn ferns, the orchids don’t need any soil, which makes them ideal for any burgeoning indoor garden. “People are going back to a more organic lifestyle,” Burgess says. She even has the perfect “houseplant” for kids or those whose ...Read more
Savvy Shopper: Flora & Fern
Senator Kirsten Gillibrand stopped by Poughkeepsie Sunday to tour a business that is helping to feed the community while employing young adults. Candace Dunkley has more. POUGHKEEPSIE, N.Y. -- Green vegetables aren’t the only things growing Inside the ...Read more